Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week of new experiences

This week we will flying out to Texas for Jacob's graduation from Air Force Boot Camp. He is graduating with Student Leader honors (which also allows him to march infront of his flight) and 3 ribbons for Markmanship (one for the M 16). Needless to say, we are excited to see him and tour the Lackland Air Force base. The Air Force graduation ceremonies are made up of the Airman's Run and a Coin Ceremony on Thursday and on Friday the Airman join in a parade where each Airman carries the flag from his State. It is quite the ceremony with 750 Airman participating.

Below is the Airman's Creed:


I am an American Airman.
I am a warrior.
I have answered my nation's call.
I am an American Airman.
My mission is to fly, fight, and win.
I am faithful to a proud heritage,
A tradition of honor,
And a legacy of valor.
I am an American Airman,
Guardian of freedom and justice,
My nation's sword and shield,
Its sentry and avenger.
I defend my country with my life.
I am an American Airman;
Wingman, leader, warrior.
I will never leave an airman behind,
I will never falter,
And I will not fail.
This is where I will be...it will be emotional because I know that my son has finally become a man! What a proud moment in a person's life!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

wow, that creed gave me goose bumps. Give Jake a hug for all of us and tell him thank you for standing up for our country. I will be thinking about you all as I am sure this will be a very emotional weekend, but most definitely the happiest kind of emotion.
Congratulations!!!